Tuesday, April 13, 2010

task 2: Earthquake

That night I was in a goodbye party, one of my best friends was going to study in Concepcion on 5th March, there were 15 persons at house that night.
While I was falling asleep, suddenly I feel that the bed starts moving. Then I told myself “when it stops, I'm going to stand up” but each moment the earthquake was getting stronger, when things start falling at the bed my boyfriend comes.
I use eyeglasses and I didn’t know where they were, because everything was in darkness. I could hear things falling down through the house. my friend was screaming, she run to the garden and stayed there until 4:30 or 5 at morning… I prepared coffe for all.
My mother called a few minutes after and told me that my family was ok... then I went to sleep again, and wake up with the first aftershock.

This is my story, what do you think about it?

3 comments:

  1. I understand how it feels to be without eyeglasses, because I also use. I'm just like you, I am quiet in the earthquakes, but I couldn´t sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, Alejandra.

    But double check your past tense with a partner, pls.

    You get 2 points.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FELT that the bed startED moving
    bed my boyfriend CAME.
    a few minutes after THAT OR A FEW MINUTES LATER

    Very good, jajaja. I hope your friend is OK, she was very scared.

    ReplyDelete